List of active policies
DATA PRIVACY CONSENT FORM
Philippine Science High School (PSHS) is aware of the need to keep the personal data of its stakeholders (e.g. students, alumni, applicants) private and secured for purely legitimate purposes.
We aim to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) and cooperate fully with the National Privacy Commission (NPC). We value your privacy. Our commitment to providing quality education to our students is as important as our commitment in keeping your personal data safe.
In this Form, the terms, “personal data” and “information” are used interchangeably. When we talk about “personal data,” the term includes the concepts of personal information, sensitive personal information, and privileged information. The first two are typically used to distinctively identify you. For their exact definitions, you may refer to the DPA.
Processing of Personal Data
Collection of Information
We collect your personal data that includes those you provide us during your application for National Competitive Exam (NCE), admission, information we acquire or generate upon enrolment and during the course of your stay with us.
Upon application for NCE, we collect information about personal circumstances and contact information such as but not limited to name, home/residence addresses, parent’s email addresses, telephone number/mobile numbers and other contact details, family history, previous schools attended, emergency contact information, academic performance, disciplinary record, medical record etc.
2. Information we get and generate upon enrolment and during the course of your stay with us
Upon enrollment and during the course of your stay with us, we confirm/collect information which you have previously submitted upon your application for NCE in order that we get updated information such as but not limited to name, home/residence addresses, parent’s email addresses, telephone number/mobile numbers, emergency contact information, etc. WE will also collect information for and in relation to co-curricular matters, such as organizations where you are affiliated, leadership positions, participation and attendance in competitions and other related school programs. We will also be collecting information in connection with disciplinary incident, including accompanying sanctions that you may be involved in.
Access to Information
We use and share your information as permitted or required by law and PSHS’ education-related mandate including a variety of administrative, historical and statistical purposes.
Below are specific situations when we will use your information to pursue our legitimate interest as an educational institution created by law:
- Processing and evaluation of application for NCE;
- Processing confirmation of incoming students (who passed the NCE) and transfer students from a different PSHS campus to prepare for enrollment;
- Recording, generating and maintaining student records of academic progress
- Establishing and maintaining student information systems
- Access to the school’s Learning Management System (LMS);
- Sharing of grades between and among faculty members, and others with legitimate official need, for academic deliberations (e.g. graduation);
- Processing scholarship applications/documents, grants and other forms of assistance (e.g. stipend/allowance)
- Investigating incidents that relate to student behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
- Maintaining directories and alumni records; compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes;
- Providing services such as health, counseling, information technology, library, sports/recreation, transportation, safety and security;
- Managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment;
- Communicating official announcements; sharing promotional materials regarding school-related functions, events, projects and activities;
- Soliciting your participation in research and non-commercial surveys
- Analyzing results of written tests, examinations, assessments which reflect personal data in order to improve school programs and functions
Sharing of Information
Below are specific situations when we may share or disclose your personal information to others:
- Posting of acceptance to universities, including overall percentage ratings achieved by the school which may reflect the student’s name in school bulletin boards and campus websites;
- Posting of class lists and class schedules in school bulletin boards or other places within the campus and the school’s official websites;
- Sharing of information to persons, including parents, guardians or next of kin, as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by the school to promote your best interests, protect your health, safety and security, or that of others;
- Providing academic institutions, companies, government agencies, private or public corporations, or the like, upon their request, with scholastic ranking information or certification of good moral character for purposes of admission;
- Sharing information to potential donors, funders or benefactors for purposes of scholarship, grants and other forms of assistance;
- Distributing the list of graduates and awardees during commencement exercises;
- Reporting and/or disclosing information to the NPC and other government bodies or agencies (e.g. Commission on Higher Education, Department of Education);
- Sharing of information for ranking purposes;
- Responding to inquiries verifying that you are a bona fide student or graduate of the school with corresponding degree/s earned and honor/s when applicable;
- Conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
- Sharing your directory information to the school’s alumni association which reflects your name, degree/s and honor/s earned, contact information as well as such other personal information that will enable your identity to be verified;
- Publishing academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees in school bulletin boards, website, social media sites and publications;
- In school’s application for competitions, seminars, and trainings where you may belong;
- Sharing your academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extracurricular achievements with schools you graduated from or was previously enrolled in, upon their request;
- Marketing or advertising to promote the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures, website posting, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
- Publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in PSHS’ publications, social media sites and news and media organizations;
- Live-streaming of University events;]
- Complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
We shall implement acceptable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of personal data which we collected.
These steps of protection shall aim to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure as well as unlawful processing.
Your personal data will only be accessed by our authorized personnel/personal data processor who hold such information under strict confidentiality. We shall restrict access to information to anyone who wants to obtain such data without justifiable reason.
Any incident of security breach with regard to said personal data which comes to our knowledge will immediately be acted upon as the law mandated. PSHS will take the necessary steps to address said breach and mitigate its negative effects. If there is a strong belief that an incident affects your personal, PSHS will notify you of such incident in an appropriate manner.
After completing the required years of stay and academic requirements in PSHS and you are already an alumnus, your personal information will remain private and confidential. PSHS personnel shall operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality.
Right to Privacy
As provided by the Act, you may object to the processing of your personal data, request to access your personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. For the details of your rights as data subject, you can get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer at contact details below or at National Privacy Commission at https://privacy.gov.ph/. PSHS will take note of your request and shall reserve the right to deal with the matter in accordance with the law.
Right to Damages
The data subject shall be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, taking into account any violation of his or her rights and freedoms as data subject.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
For your concerns regarding your privacy rights, this Consent Form or any matter regarding Data Privacy Act of 2012, you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following details:
The Data Protection Officer
Charisse Vasquez Dino
Mobile Number: 09190063657
Email Address: email@example.com
I have read this form, understood its contents and consent to the processing of my personal data. I understand that my consent does not preclude the existence of situations/scenarios for lawful processing of personal data and does not waive any of my rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.